Pre-Apprenticeship and Pre-Traineeship Partnering Program
The GTO Pre-Apprenticeship and Pre-Traineeship Partnering Program aims to increase growth in apprenticeships and traineeships by improving the transition of young people 15-24 years old into pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training.
Funding is available to Group Training Organisations (GTOs) for the recruiting, screening and for the referral of suitable applicants for pre-apprenticeship training with the view to employ participants on completion, where possible. Training by a Partner Provider will be via the Smart and Skilled pre-apprenticeship and pre-traineeship part qualifications program streams.
Contributions are encouraged from other program partners such as jobactive providers, schools, industry and the Group Training Association of NSW and ACT.
Training Services NSW administers the programs by facilitating partnerships between, Group Training Organisations, Smart and Skilled Providers.
The program aims to facilitate a smooth transition from school to vocational training and employment for young people. The program enables students to:
- familiarise themselves with vocational choices and the requirements of the workplace
- receive support and advice from a GTO and Provider to see whether a particular type of apprenticeship or pre-traineeship is suitable prior to making a full commitment to an apprenticeship or traineeship
- undertake pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training in an apprenticeship or traineeship vocation
- receive mentoring and assistance to complete their training and where possible, transition into an apprenticeship, traineeship or further education.
The program aims to achieve:
- 2,000 commencements in pre-apprenticeship and Pre-traineeship training across NSW over the three stages
- greater than 85% completion rate for training
- greater than 50% attainment rate for apprenticeships, traineeships, employment opportunities and/or further training.
To increase apprenticeship completions in NSW, an outcome driven Apprenticeship Completion Incentive payment of $1,000 will be available to funded GTOs for target apprenticeship completions over three years.
As more information becomes available we will update this page or alternatively visit www.training.nsw.gov.au/programs_services/funded_other/gto/gto_programs.html